Friday, November 10, 2023

"What's Next"

 Not 100% settled on the title, but it was the first "feeling" I got from this image. Below the images of the completed piece (4" x 6"; 10" x 12" framed), I have included two others to show the effects of some "micro-manipulation" of the image.



Take notice of the bottom left hand corner of this image. Initially, the cut was parallel to the bottom horizontal axis, because I hand cut out another building piece (i.e., rather than it being a "hole" in the white brick wall). Leaving like that would have created an interesting point of "tension", perhaps. But I wanted to see how it would look if I created the appearance of a hole in the all. So I cut out a tiny piece of  dark blue paper to see it that way (I had to use that strategy, because it would have been difficult to put the corner back, had I cut it from the original). I MUCH prefer it asa "hole-in-the-wall" illusion, so I made the actual cut on the element.



No comments:

Post a Comment