Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Old Schwamb Mill

The Old Schwamb Mill is located in Arlington, Massachusetts (on the outskirts of Boston). It is rumored to be the oldest continuously working saw mill (powered by the small waterway just outside its doors) in the country. They specialize in beautiful oval frames. During a recent Octoberfest celebration, my good friend Goody played outdoors with his band The Gruvmeiners (great job guys!). The mill itself was open to the public on that day and displayed very impressing wood-cutting machinery (powered by the moving creek water). But they also have a small art gallery, and I was very impressed that it featured some beautiful collage (mixed media) and assemblage work. The exhibit is no longer up, but I thought I'd share some of the images of the great work that was on display. I love looking at others' collages!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment