Saturday, November 19, 2022

Speaking of COVID...

After two and a half years of carefully avoiding COVID, both at school and in the general public, I finally contracting it earlier this month. I was fully vaccinated, so I think that prevented me from getting it too badly. I also went on anti-viral medication immediately. SO I had just a couple of pretty bad days, and then about two weeks of tiredness and low stamina. I back to feeling mostly better, but still have some lingering symptoms like a dry cough. I also had other life stuff get in the way of being able to spend time in my studio. School politics have been very bad lately. I resigned from my position on the Tenure & Promotion Committee. I loved serving on that committee and felt like I did a good job; but the politics got to be too much. I also went to Denver last month for my niece Jessica's wedding. THAT was a great time! And, unfortunately and sadly, my mother-in-law Peg, died unexpectedly after a short bout (mercifully) with cancer. Sometimes we need to put aside our creative work to deal with the other things that life throws at us. I am looking forward to getting back in the studio soon and cranking out some new works. I was able to do this small piece recently...


1 comment:

  1. Good to her that you are well on the road to recovery. Covid is having a resurgence here, but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete