Monday, January 11, 2021

NEW YEAR!

 Happy New Year everyone! This year has GOT to be better than 2020!

I'm kind of excited tonight, and so I'm also feeling impulsive (i.e., perhaps I shouldn'tpost this image quite yet). I have been struggling with a collaborative project I am participating in with my good friend and fellow collagist Anthony Morgan. We have decided to each make a collage from elements obtained from a single issue of LIFE magazine (i.e., Oct. 8th, 1965: we each have a copy of that issue). I was initially not enthralled with the imagery in the issue, AND, I kinda of lost track of the coated elements I had made from the issue. The project hibernated for quite a while. But recently, and with Toeny's prodding, we resurrected the project (and he sent me another copy of the issue). I actually DID use some of the elements in other collages I have done (you may recognize one of them from previous posts). Anyway, I FINALLY took the time tonight to explore and experiment with the images again
. And I am excited to say that I think this sketch is going to be close to the finished product (not sure I will retain the bright lettering, though... it will say "if" eventually, if so). I really like the palette and how there is flow to the piece. I am a little bit concerned about the sharp vertical line created by the border of the turquoise and white patina. BUT, I think it is okay as a collage component. Would love to hear what others think (but take time to look at it).

No comments:

Post a Comment