Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lost soul?

 I've probably posted something like this before, but I think it might be worth doing again. One of my favorite things about collage as an artistic medium, is that if affords not only visual explorations, but "psychological exploration" as well. I came across this element last night while I was looking for collage material. At first, I saw it only for its visual qualities (i.e., cursive handwriting on yellow patina). But upon closer inspection, I realized how intense the "message" was. I have no idea who wrote this or from where I got it (probably the PA auction that I like to frequent). It's so strange to think that this very personal writing is now
in my studio being considered for inclusion into one of my collages. Lots to contemplate when I'm listening to music, enjoying a beverage and creating in the evenings.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful. I also collect old text and find it really adds another dimension to my work, a layer of added meaning.

    ReplyDelete