Tuesday, February 11, 2014

getting back, in the classroom

Following my diagnosis with pneumonia, I spent a week trying to get healthy enough to attend the conference of the Southern Humanities Conference in Richmond, VA. I made it to the conference, at which I read two of my own short stories and conducted a panel discussion of the novel "Tinkers" by Paul Harding (a book that changed my perspective on life and death). Since then, I've been trying to get fully healthy and catch-up with school work. Part of that school work is the collage studio course I'm offering this semester. I haven't had too much time to spend on my own collages lately, but I have taught the students in my class the Talbot technique and they have created some interesting collages. Here are some of the students' works. Pretty good, methinks!







1 comment:

  1. So sorry you've been unwell. Hope you are soon 100%. Ill or not you are still obviously an inspiration to your students. Some beauties there. 1% is a very strong image.

    ReplyDelete