Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Apophenia"

I'm very pleased with having finished my submission for the annual "Wish You Were Here" postcard exhibition of the National Collage Society (the bluish lunar one). It's entitled "Apophenia" (as a teacher, I'll let you look-up what that means). I had been focused on a totally different type of piece ("experimental" elements shown below


). It wasn't until I had the negative space of the head and torn name and address scrap that I started playing with another idea. And it all came together within an hour too. It amazes me how this creativity stuff works sometimes!

3 comments:

  1. Nice..I am a member too!
    I will be sending mine this week!
    I will post it too!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS amazing how this creativity stuff works...you just have to begin.

    ReplyDelete