Thursday, June 20, 2024

follow-up

As a follow-up to the last post, I thought I'd share something that I think definitely did NOT work. I made a cut along the boundaries of what seemed like a reasonable spot to insert another element into the two-element piece. I also thought that perhaps this image of a "bleeding heart" plant might work. Upon placing the element, it became clear that it wouldn't work... for three reasons. First of all, the color does not work, with the dark blue and red of the blood vessels in the substrate element. Secondly, the flower doesn't seem to be integrated at all with the rest of the image, and seems "disproportionate" in its position, relative to the eyes. Thirdly, the flower element also is too "forward". SO... it's back to the drawing board of experimentation (with the idea in the back of my mind that perhaps I should've let it be a "simple" two-element collage).



No comments:

Post a Comment