Sunday, September 24, 2023

three sketches

I haven't posted any sketches for a little while; so I thought I would share these from this week. As anyone who follows this blog knows, I am an analog collage artist. I use no digital images or photocopied elements. The only way that I do "multiples", is to have more than one copy of an image (e.g., from the same magazine issue). Isn't that the same as photocopying? I don't think so. And, by the way, it's a weird self-imposed restriction in my creative work, that is sometimes challenging and frustrating -- but it's a restriction that I embrace. Anyway, the first piece shown here, is an example of using multiple copies of the same image (i.e., I obtained multiple copies of this image at an auction I was at). It creates an interesting effect, I think. I'm aware that these images are emotionally/spiritually charged and should not be "disrespected". I am contemplating altering them more, so as to diminish any perceived disrespect (there is absolutely no disrespect intended).





No comments:

Post a Comment