Friday, September 29, 2023

Fish out of Water?

I finished this piece last night. It's a small piece (3.5" x 10"; 6" x 13" framed). The title may be "Fish out of Water?, although the frame reminds me of a project about artists' identities that Jonathan Talbot was involved with a few years ago that involved him fabricating a "back story" for a collection of his paintings. The fictitious character was named "Vernon Hart", and Jonathan used frames that had a "vintage" look (like this one). So I am seriously contemplating "echoing" that project (and making the title of this more obscure), by renaming it, "Vernon Hart Often Felt Like a Fish Out of Water". I think it adds a bit of a Dada component to the work... which I love, of course. I think I've talked myself into it ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment