Saturday, January 7, 2023

First piece of 2023!

I'm very excited to have completed this piece today! I had posted a "sketch" of the composition in an earlier post. It's nice to have it completed. It's strange that I do not have a title for it, as of yet. Typically, titles emerge for me very freely. I just don't have it for this one yet. The image of this young woman was so compellingly beautiful. When I saw this single page at the auction in Pennsylvania last year, I just HAD to have it. I was worried that I would hang on to it for too long, waiting for a very special moment to use it. But the composition emerged fairly quickly in the studio at the end of 2022. The cactus flower elements are from a calendar that used to belong to my mother-in-law, Peg; who passed away unexpectedly last October. A-HA! As I wrote that, a title just emerged.... "In Memory of Margaret". Yes!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment