Sunday, December 20, 2020

Premature, but...

After finishing the piece that I posted yesterday and working more on finishing-up the piece I posted before that, I was experimenting with some other elements in the studio last night
, when I created this sketch. I probably shouldn't post this yet (at all), since I'm not certain it will become a finished product. BUT, I am so excited about the saturation of the colors in this piece, and by the fact that the fish elements are such a strong match with the colors of the substrate. I realize that the composition might be somewhat cliche (i.e., fish out of context), but I really like this so far. My plan is to use a transferred image of a beautiful drawing of a diatomic organism as "the sun". But as those of you who have experience with transfers know, sometimes transfers don't "work out" (and can thus actually ruin a composition). I will need to give it my best shot and see what happens; because I suspect that if it does work, it'll look really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment