Thursday, December 26, 2019

Know Your Rights

In addition to finishing my apparently aesthetically-pleasing "fish piece" yesterday, I finished a VERY provocative artwork. The piece is meant to represent a couple of the extremely polarizing moral issues in society today. The piece is not "pretty" and I fear that it may be misinterpreted (or that folks will think negatively about me). I think artwork should sometimes be provocative, in that it serves as a stimulus for thinking. FYI: I am pro-life, but support a woman's right to choose. I am anti-violence and anti-gun (except for normal hunting), BUT DO NOT want to take your guns away from you (although no one should own a gun that can fire dozens of rounds per minute. Count the bullets in this artwork). The title of this piece is actually multi-layered: "Know Your Rights (or Pro-Life/Pro-Gun) (or Maybe He Will Make it Through School Safely).

1 comment: