Saturday, May 18, 2019

Too late?

I have not posted on this blog since November 2018. That's WAY too long to leave this blog "unattended" and I do apologize most sincerely to my followers. It has been a very long, productive and somewhat stressful school year. Yes, I am still active with collage. In fact, I decided during the holidays that I would get back into doing a bit of "art hustling", by looking into submitting to some different venues. My work paid off and I was able to show works at a number of new and interesting places this spring. In January, I showed three pieces in an exhibit called "Inside/Outside" at the Upstream Gallery in Hasting-On-Hudson, NY (near Tarrytown). The exhibit was well-attended and the village was wonderful. I was especially honored that my mentor Jonathan Talbot made the drive to attend the opening. I also appreciated the fact that my sister-in-law Donna, her man Jay and my niece Vivian (in the beret) also came down for the event. In addition, I met Terrence Fine, a fellow collage artist who also likes to use celestial backgrounds in her work. Here are some photos from the opening:





No comments:

Post a Comment