Sunday, July 22, 2018

Another palm piece

The piece entitled "Succulent Palm" (which I posted earlier) was a crowd favorite when I showed it in Syracuse, NY. It was NFS since I had given it to a friend as a holiday gift. The gallery owner actually inquired twice about whether I would reconsider selling. I also showed the piece at a brief exhibit at Sculpture Space, Inc. in Utica, NY and the studio manager "loved it" and wanted to buy it. I said "sorry, it was given as a gift to a friend". Fortunately, I was able to locate another anatomical hand (although one I don't like as much) to try to create a similar piece. I ended-up giving that one away too, to the studio manager as she just left the position at Sculpture Space after 10 years of employment. Here is the piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment