Wednesday, May 9, 2018

MAY 2018

The reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated... isn't that how the line goes. WOW... it's been WAY too long for me not to have posted on this site. My sincerest apologies to anyone who was following this site. It was one hell of a year in academia. I got lots of things accomplished; but it was way to stressful and there were lots of negative events. I am hoping to devote a good part of the summer of 2018 to artwork creation and to getting back to posting on this blog site. I just finished my piece for the upcoming annual postcard show of the National Collage Society (it needs to be in Ohio by Friday!). It's a "classic" Specht style with some nice elements that I have had around the studio for some time. I was under a bit of a time crunch, so I went with something comfortable for me. It harkens back to some previous pieces from "The Invasion" series. All pieces for this exhibit are limited to 4" x 6" (which I like, btw). This piece is entitled "Day 3 of the Invasion: Dr. Molly Cuelle Stops By".

No comments:

Post a Comment