Thursday, February 14, 2013

FIA300 - Collage










One of the reasons that I am grateful to have the job that I have as Professor of Psychology at Utica College is that I am able to pursue my personal interests in a way that serves the institution and the students. Over the last several years, my research focus has involved investigating the factors which influence how people perceive artwork. I have presented my findings at various conferences and have published the results in academic journals. This semester I have the amazingly good fortune of teaching a 1-credit Fine Arts course in collage! These pieces are from the first class in which students created a finished collage. These are all 4" x 6". I think they did a fantastic job!!! I jokingly said to the class, "Thanks, you guy. Now I don't feel so special anymore". I am looking forward to more good works from them. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Obviously you are as inspiring to your students as you are to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT WORK!!!
    Please check out my blog..
    www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    I really got a kick out of these...I will share these with my students!

    ReplyDelete