Saturday, September 21, 2024

new sketch

I have been working on finishing-up some sketches (i.e., completing the composition) and on some new sketches. Here's a new one from last night. The saturated colors in this vintage artwork of a motor I find quite compelling. I think the sculptural elements fits well (I need to do more micro-cutting, of course). What I am "struggling with", at this point, is what to do with the textual part of the background element. If I leave it as it is, I think the balance of the overall composition will need some work (i.e., adding other small elements)... I think. I was also contemplating leaving the overall composition a bit "unbalanced" to create interest/tension (i.e., "does a composition always need to be 'balance'"?). I could also obscure the writing/text with another element. The element shown here is certainly too big; it is just an example. Of course, that creates its own balance issues for the overall composition. I will continue to enjoy experimenting with elements and the overall composition, and of course, will eventually post the finished piece.








No comments:

Post a Comment