Thursday, August 29, 2024

Venn: Creative Intersections

Anyone who follows this blog regularly would have noticed a lull in my posting recently. For the past two weeks, I have been busy with this three things: golf; prep for the school year; and lots of the necessary "business" tasks related to putting together an exhibition. As some of you know, once the artwork is completed (and selected), it all needs to be properly matted, framed and wired... and signed (I try to keep up with this as I complete my pieces, but inevitably have to catch-up in the eleventh hour). In addition to those tasks, titles, years, and prices need to submitted, so the venue can make labels. These tasks are magnified when a collaborative exhibit like this one occurs. But all the work pays off, when you see the show "hung". Here's a sneak peek of the exhibit at Kirkland Arts Center in Clinton, NY (a total of 46 pieces!) after being hung yesterday. Of course, I will probably post photos of the opening reception (which is on Sept. 7th) as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment