Sunday, December 10, 2023

The process of experimentation

One of the things I tell folks when they ask me about my creative process, is that I am first-and-foremost, an experimenter and a "recognizer". I LOVE to spend time in my studio area "simply" looking at all the interesting images that surround me; AND then, experimenting with/exploring how the various images and elements look wen they are combined in various ways. As anyone who has seen this blog before, sometimes I have photographic records of various intermediate compositions... but often times I don't, either because I didn't take a photo to begin with; but sometimes I delete them to try to keep my image library from getting too overwhelming. I had the "background" image of this cathedral for quite a while (I think at least two years) before I finally "put it down" in the piece I posted just previous to this one. You can see some of the intermediates when I was getting close to the final composition; as well as some of the earlier experimentation.















No comments:

Post a Comment