Sunday, December 25, 2022

Black spot and lemonade

 Well, I finished this piece last night; and I like it... except. Except there are two problems. It's difficult to see in these photos, but there is a black paint "touch-up spot" down near the statue's feet, between the legs. The black doesn't really match the back-ground black (50 shades of black?). It commands enough attention so as to detract from the composition (i.e., it can't remain like it is). Like the approach of many collage artists, however, I think I will try to make lemonade out of a bit of a disappointing outcome. The balance of this piece was bothering me a bit anyway. The level of manipulation on the top, does not "match" the manipulation on the bottom. Not a problem, necessarily -- the tension could be considered part of the composition as well. I absolutely LOVE the frame (both good color and good design) for this piece. SOoo... I think I will "simply" cut the frame down to reduce the height. This will solve both the black spot problem and the balance problem. The minor problem is that I really like to finish projects and move on to the next -- I dislike returning to pieces for fixes. But things don't always go as planned, or as I like ;-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment