Wednesday, May 11, 2022

final products

As I have intimated in the last few posts, I am really enjoying my time in the studio these days. I have also been exploring some new places, in terms of my creative compositions. Last night, I finalized some of the sketches I have shared recently and have created an odd "pair" of artworks. The pair are not the same size, nor will they be framed in the same way (one will be black metal; one will be wood). But they are weirdly "connected" in that I used the leftover portion of the fish element for one piece, to serve as the bottom "panel" for the other. I have also "connected the pieces with the titles. The top piece shown here is entitled "Weekend with Uncle Sepia". The bottom piece is entitled "Weekend with Uncle Sepia: The Rest of the Tale" (pun intended, of course). BTW, I am aware that umlauts are not normally placed above consonants (such as the "R" here). But it's a collage... so I can do what I want ;-) The umlaut is placed over the "R" as a means to simply create more balance in the composition.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment