Sunday, June 6, 2021

Chemistry and collage

Since I will be moving into a new office this fall in the new science center at Utica College, I have decided to do a "deep purge" of all the STUFF I have accumulated over the years. It's been a LONG time since I was an undergraduate chemistry major at Oswego State (I ended-up getting a degree in psychology; but used a lot of my chemistry background for my Ph.D. in psychobiology). Anyway, I decided that it was time to get rid of my intro. chemistry textbook and my organic textbook as well. Interestingly, the textbook I had for intro. chemistry included a make-shift stereoscope to look at the illustrations in the textbook of chemical structure to render them three-dimensional. Very cool idea, methinks! Unfortunately, I have very poor binocular vision; so it never really worked for me. Here are some of the illustrations that were created to make the 3-D effects. I cut them from the book as potential transfer images (and will probably share half with my friend and fellow collagist Anthony Morgan). Collage is always "pan-disciplinary"! Oh yeah, I also included this interesting "note to self", for fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment