Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Circle of art (the Marlee connection)

I'm very excited to be posting a follow-up to my most recent post! After posting Marlee's artwork on this blog and on Face Book, I got a friend request from a "Marlee". I'm very cautious about friending anyone I don't already know or who is not mutual friends with others who I know; so I simply ignored it. I also got a phone message from a friend and fellow artist (Trish) who used to live in my area but moved to Florida a couple years ago. She said that she wanted to talk with me about the art I posted (i.e., Marlee's art). I really didn't expect that the two messages were related; especially since I had requested that folks comment on Marlee's work in my FB post. Then I saw a FB post from Marlee that said, jokingly, that she was getting her 15 minutes of fame because some guy blogged about her childhood artwork. That was the stimulus for me to accept her friend request and message her. Lo and behold, SHE WAS the one who had created that art! AND she is the daughter of my artist friend Trish! I have SO many books and magazines and frames and such in my basement (I mean, A LOT). I don't know from where I got half of it -- auctions in Pennsylvania; bookstores in New York City; garage sales in Utica. As it turns out, I got Marlee's artwork from Trish when her and her husband were moving to Florida and wanting to clean out their belongings. I got some great books for collage elements and some frames from them. SO, it's all pretty cool, I think. Marlee is now a Master's level counselor with a specialty in art therapy. She agreed to let me post some of her more current work. I have also posted a collage by Trish that I bought at one of her exhibits (the clipboard is part of the piece... she did a series of these years ago). I'm so excited that all of this has come together like this!



https://youtu.be/5XNxcJkFcuA

1 comment: