Thursday, April 2, 2020

found again

One of the many positive aspects of collage, is that the medium involves procurement and perusal of various sources of potential compositional elements. From vintage books and magazines, to calendars and contemporary science publications, the variety of materials seems almost endless. Oftentimes, when I might be feeling perhaps less "creative" in the evening, I will still head down to my studio and  go through old books or magazines and enjoy just looking at visual elements. I might page through a Life magazine from the 1950s and rip out pages that I might use in the future for my collages. Over the last 5-7 years, I have accrued quite a stack of hundreds of single ripped-out pages of what I consider interesting elements. Last night, as I was looking through that stack, I came across these gems. Although I remember most all of the pages I have rioted out, I didn't remember the temperance page. Quite interesting I think. And I certainly will NOT be signing that page any time soon (especially given what we are all going through these days!). I love the St. Stephen image too. How did he die? He was "stoned" to death (haha). Anyway, just thought I'd share these "re-found" images, in lieu of anything that I have created (that'll be the next post, perhaps).


1 comment:

  1. The components of your collages are always fascinating. You must have quite a collection.

    ReplyDelete