Sunday, April 16, 2017

anatomy of the mouth

Well, none of the pieces I submitted to the Utopia/Dystopia juried show at Main Street Gallery were accepted. I was kind of bummed about it, because I really liked the pieces that I sent; and I really like the venue. But alas, "it is what it is". It doesn't really affect what I do at this point. I keep plugging away at it. One of the reasons I love the medium of collage so much is that in addition to creating pieces, I get such a thrill from discovering cool elements as I go through magazines and books. I was REALLY jazzed last night when I came across this gem from an anatomy book (looks like some kind of Star Wars character). When I find an element like this, I get excited about the possibilities of what it will become in the studio.

2 comments:

  1. Rejection is no fun, but it's only one person's opinion on one day. Lots of people LOVE your work, I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! I always have appreciated your support.

    ReplyDelete