Saturday, March 23, 2013

behind the scenes



Thought I would just post a couple of shots of me preparing for the Dinner 'n' Collage event. Getting the substrates ready for the collages we did is a bit of a time-consuming process. I learned the technique from Jonathan Talbot. Although my composition area is 4 inches instead of the 3-inch area Jonathan uses. The technique allows an individual to create quite an impressive small collage (even if they have had no prior artistic experience). Part of that comes from the fact that it is a substrate that "allows" the creator to ignore the edges of the substrate (although some folks really still 'look' for the edges). The technique also emphasizes "framing" of a piece. So anyway, not all that exciting, but here I am prepping the 300lb watercolor paper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment