Friday, February 12, 2021

"My Money's on Hal"

I don't think collages are like children; in that, I think that you can love some of your own collages more than others. I LOVE this collage! And, by the way, I absolutely believe it is okay to love your own work (it's better than not loving it). The piece if 7" x 7" (in an 11" x 11" frame). This has become my favorite and most comfortable size to work with. I think this will be the title of the work (although not certain yet). One of my fellow collage artists said that the piece reminded him of "Hal" from 2001: A Space Odyssey". I had considered entitling it "Jewel", because it reminds me of an intricate Victorian brooch. It has 14 elements and was SO fun to put together. I'm hoping all y'all enjoy as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment