Saturday, February 20, 2021

angle

As most of you know, I am an analog collagist -- I use no photocopies or digital elements in my work. Occasionally, I am able to procure duplicate images from multiple copies of a source magazine or book, however. This magazine advertisement for Equitable insurance company is an interesting example. I recently used the element for the "Day in the Life" piece which was the companion of a piece done by my friend and fellow collage artist Anthony Morgan. I also used that element for a piece I did a couple years ago that was accepted into the National Collage Society Annual Juried Exhibition. I hadn't explicitly looked at the earlier piece when I created the "Day in the Life" piece. When I compared the two, I found it quite curious that the angle at which I placed the element was virtually identical -- and not horizontal as the original had been. Interesting, I think. That particular angle for that element just seems natural to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment