Monday, September 4, 2023

Collage coordination reveal!

My good friend and fellow collage artist -- Anthony Morgan -- and I have been producing some "coordinated collages" over the past couple years. What are "coordinated collages", you may ask. In this particular iteration, we each made a diptych collage from elements from two National Geographic magazines (January, 1989 and August, 1989). That is, we had duplicate copies of these magazines,

and we each used them to create the collage we made (one issue for each side of the diptych). We wanted to see how much the choice of elements would overlap, and to see what collages we each made from the available elements (similar to our previous coordinated works which I have posted earlier). Here are the diptychs!
This is Toeny's...
and here is mine...

Each of the two compositions measures 6" x 9.5". The burka/thawb element was the only overlap between our coordinated collages. They are powerful images.

Here are some of the isolated elements (some I used; some I did not) and some of the intermediates that I photographed whilst working on my diptych...

















No comments:

Post a Comment