Sunday, July 30, 2023

"Collage" project - "The Tower of Scrabble"

 Well, I wouldn't necessarily call this a "collage project"; but I guess it depends on how one would define "collage" -- which I think is always an interesting conversation. But I thought I would post this work-in-progress. After years of collecting Scrabble games at garage sales, I am "piecing together" this work. Eventually it will be called "The Tower of Scrabble". It will be a gift for my sister Debby, who is an avid scrabble player. It's been "in the works" since COVID, but I haven't been "dedicated" to it. I also had initially thought that epoxy would be the best adhesive to use for these Scrabble tiles on wood. Nope. The tiles fell off after the epoxy dried. I switched to simple wood glue, and that seems to be doing the trick (we'll see). I'm re-dedicated to getting it done; and am pretty close, I think (famous last words). I will eventually coat the entire piece with polyurethane. BTW, the paint colors are representative of the special squares on the Scrabble board (i.e., double letter; double word; triple letter; triple word).



No comments:

Post a Comment