Saturday, July 2, 2022

Falmouth Art Center exhibit

Recently, I have been interested in showing my work outside of my immediate locale in Central New York (Utica-Syracuse area). When I cam across a call for submissions for the Summer Juried Exhibit at the Falmouth Art Center (on Cape Cod), it piqued my interest. I was very happy when my collage "Who's Protecting Whom, and from What" was accepted into the show. Rather than shipping the piece to the venue, I delivered it in person (on Tuesday) and took the opportunity to spend a few days in Falmouth, and go to the opening reception on Friday (yesterday). I was thrilled to find out that my piece had been chosen for "Honorable Mention", especially because the exhibit includes mostly very strong pieces. And I really enjoyed that some of the folks in attendance wanted to know more about the composition and the technique.









No comments:

Post a Comment