Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Finished?

 A couple of posts ago, I claimed that I had finished this piece. And I was quite pleased with it. BUT, when I sprayed it with the UV varnish I use on my work, somehow it created two tiny bubbles (I think). I tried to gently fix it, but it just didn't work.


Here's the blemish; just above the green semi-circle on the right...


Was it really that noticeable to the viewer? It was to me. My friend and fellow artist, David Oster, saw it immediately. SOoo... what to do. I knew if I tried "fixing it" by picking at it, I would make matters worse. I was bummed. So I played around with some "cover up" elements that I might add. Here's how I ended-up covering the blemish. It changes the composition quite significantly. I like it though. I'm just a bit concerned now, that the balance isn't quite right. But I have it matted and framed, and will probably leave it the way it is.

Here's a photo of it framed in the "bulky" black frame that I think is good for the piece. I wish the photo of the collage turned out better. Not sure why the glass made the artwork so much out of focus. BTW, the dimensions are 10" x 6.5".








No comments:

Post a Comment