Well... I finished what had been another ongoing project the other night. I was not going to post an image of it until it was in the frame (because the frame is an important part of it). But I am waiting to get a mat cut (I don't do my own matting); so I thought I would post the image now...
Yes, this composition is a bit of a departure from what I typically do. The base image is from a book about steam power from the early 1900s. I love the intricate mechanical detail, and the clarity of the image.
So, since this was the last project that was "in the works"; it was a great time to clean-up my work area a little bit and start playing with other elements that I have been collecting. These are some of the combinations I was having fun with last night...
And I was also playing a little with these elements, and took a photograph. I LOVE the way the shadows are adding to this "composition". It is not literally a collage (and I can't capture anything physical with the shadows), but I love the image...
And this begins, the start of more potential projects in my studio! Who knows if anything I was experimenting with last night, will materialize into a finished product. But I love the exploration! Here a shot of the studio table from last night's activities...
No comments:
Post a Comment